What it means to be a Certified Builder and Remodeler
The purpose of the Certified Professional Builder/Remodeler programs are to establish criteria for home builders to assist in consumer awareness and professionalism through education, professional development and customer satisfaction.
Becoming a Mississippi Certified Professional Builder/Remodeler provides an opportunity for builders to pursue professional development through education and customer satisfaction. By agreeing to become a Certified Professional Builder, builders will agree to meet standards beyond the licensing requirements of the Mississippi State Board of Contractors.
All Certified Professional Builders/Remodelers are required to adhere to the following:
- Must apply for recertification annually
- Must maintain licensure with the Mississippi State Board of Contractors
- Must maintain membership with the local, state and national Home Builders Association
- Must attend four (4) hours of continuing education annually
- Must maintain appropriate insurance coverage including builders risk, general liability and workers' compensation
- Must distribute the Homeowners Handbook and adhere to its standards of customer satisfaction and the integrity of the program
- Must agree to offer binding arbitration with every contract
- Must adhere to the Code of Ethics adopted by the Mississippi Housing Institute